We are pleased to announce that we are holding our next eJuku session as indicated below. For general information on eJuku visit our webpage What is e-Juku?
- Description: Spring 2018 J>E eJuku session
- Language direction: Japanese to English
- Format: online forum discussion and videoconferencing
- Period: March through April 2018 (see below for details)
- Fees: no fees
1. JAT membership (non-members required to join JAT after being selected as eJuku participants)
2. Native or near-native English proficiency
3. No more than a couple of years' experience as a working translator
4. High motivation to learn and participate actively
- Tentative schedule
- Early March: Call closed. Screening done
- In due course: 1st videoconference
- Late March: Translation deadline
- For 2–3 weeks: Online forum discussion
- In due course: 2nd videoconference
- For 1 week: Additional discussion
- Late April: Forum closed and archived
- Inquiries and Application
If you would like to know more about the upcoming eJuku session or are interested in participating, please write to the e-Juku Committee on the JAT website or directly to the eJuku coordinator.
We are currently preparing a Call for Participation, which will contain all necessary information, including the source text, for you to make a decision to apply. We will send you a copy of the Call upon request after it becomes available.
Shuichi Yamakawa (Call me Shu)
Spring 2018 J>E eJuku Coordinator