We are pleased to announce that the next JAT eJuku session will be held as indicated below. For general information on eJuku, please visit the webpage "What is e-Juku?"
Spring 2022 J>E eJuku session
- Language direction: Japanese to English
- Format: online forum discussion and series of videoconference
- Period: mid-April through mid-May 2022 (see below)
- Fees: None
1. JAT membership through to the end of the session (non-members required to join JAT after being selected as eJuku participants)
2. Native or near-native English proficiency (eJuku is a place for polishing already impeccable English)
3. Ideally no more than a couple of years' experience as a professional translator
4. High motivation to learn and pledge to participate actively in the planned videoconferences (ideally all of them) and forum discussions (ideally on a daily basis)-
- Tentative schedule:
Start of April: eJuku publicly announced; Call for Participants sent to inquirers
Call closed within 7 to 10 days
Applicants screened; participants selected and notified
Forum set up on Basecamp, session begins
Around the third week of April: Initial translation deadline
April 23, Saturday 10:00 a.m. JST: 1st videoconference & forum discussion
April 30, Saturday 10:00 a.m. JST: 2nd videoconference & forum discussion
May 7, Saturday 10:00 a.m. JST: 3rd videoconference & forum discussion
May 14, Saturday 10:00 a.m. JST: 4th videoconference & additional discussion
*Videoconferences are usually held on Saturday mornings 10:00 to 11:30 JST.
- Application and screening:
If you would like to know more about the upcoming eJuku session or are interested in participating, please write to Richard, the eJuku coordinator, immediately. He will send you a Call for Participants document, which will contain all necessary information, including the source text, for you to make a decision to apply. If there is overwhelming demand, the call may be closed when a reasonable limit to the number of applicants has been reached.
If you know anyone you think might be interested, please send this along to them.
Spring 2022 J>E eJuku Coordinator