Japanese to English translation of contracts/agreements, articles of incorporation, company rules and regulations
BackgroundBA in Japanese Studies and Business Studies (Sheffield University).
Lived and worked in Japan since 1998, including:
Oita Prefecture: 1998 - 2001 (CIR on JET Programme)
Ishigaki (Okinawa): 2001 - 2006
Osaka: 2006 - 2007
Hong Kong: 2007 - 2008
Osaka: 2008 - 2011
Tokyo: 2011 -
- Freelance translator since 2001
- Incorporated in May 2009
Specialize in contracts, articles of incorporation, company rules and regulations and legal/management related documents.
JAT Related Activities:Committees
* PROJECT Osaka Organizing Committee (2009)
* PROJECT Tokyo 2010 Organizing Committee
* Kansai Activities Team (to 2011)
* Tokyo Activities Committee (Chair in 2013)
* Website Content Committee (Chair 2012-2013)
* SNS Management Committee
* IJET-25 Organizing Committee (Chair)
* JATLAW Steering Committee (2018-)
- PROJECT Osaka
- PROJECT Nagoya
- IJET-23 (Hiroshima)
- IJET-25 Pre-Event in Sendai "地方都市で稼ぐ方法"
- JATLAW January 2015
- JATLAW IJET-27 Pre-Event
- IJET-29 "To be or not to be Productive"
- TAC October 2018 "To be or not to be Productive" (extended version)
* Presented at 21st JTF Honyakusai (2011)
* Occasional one-day seminars on legal translation for translation schools and presentations at seminars for legal professionals