Contracts/Agreements, Environment, Conference Reports
- Influenced and encouraged by my father, who worked as a translator/interpreter for an international organization, I became familiar with English and have continually studied it since I was a university student.
- Attended translator/interpreter training classes at ISS Institute, Tokyo (2007 - 2011).
- English Proficiency Test (Eiken) 1st grade (2010)
- B.A. in Japanese history, Tokyo Woman’s Christian University.
- Completed a 1-year intensive training program for teaching Japanese to foreigners at the National Japanese Language Research Institute, Tokyo.
Over 8 years’ professional translation experience (mostly E>J) includes 6 years’ experience as an in-house translator:
- (Apr. 2004 - Mar. 2007) -Translated various agreements associated with international research activities at Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC).
- (Apr. 2007 - Mar. 2010) -Worked for the Kanagawa Prefectural Government, where I produced a number of documents both in Japanese and English for international environmental cooperation.
- (Jan. - Mar. 2014) -Translated part of the Working Group 1 Report of the 5th Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) at JAMSTEC.
Other work experience:
-Certified Japanese language teacher: Taught from beginners to advanced levels for over 10 years at language schools and public institutions, including the Yokohama YMCA and the Foundation for the Welfare and Education of Asian People.
-Currently working full time at Yokohama National University as the person in charge of the summer program designed for students mainly from our partner universities around the world.