Here’s an opportunity to hone your pharma translation skills before enjoying the company of your colleagues and friends at the JAT Summer Party. With Tony Atkinson as speaker, JATPHARMA presents a two-hour, hands-on workshop in which the participants will draft, and collectively improve and revise translations of pharma texts focusing on the topics listed below. Example sentences will be made available before the event and intending participants will be encouraged to submit proposed translations in advance. Participants will then examine selected translations on the day, translate similar examples, and discuss how they could be improved.
1. Starting the Introduction on the right foot (JE/EJ)
2. Translating verbal constructions in Japanese into nominal constructions in English (JE)
3. 考えられる - Its forms, meanings, and possible translations (JE)
4. Compliance and adherence (JE/EJ)
5. Translating forward-looking texts in the final paragraphs of research reports (JE/EJ)
Date: August 25, 2012 (Saturday)
Time: 14:00 to 16:00 (Uketsuke starts from 13:45)
Cost: JAT members free/Non-members 1,000 yen
Venue: FORUM 8 Meeting Room No. 808 (Room number subject to change.)
Address: Dogenzaka 2-10-17, Shibuya, Tokyo
RSVP: Please register by email to [email protected] before August 21.
We look forward to seeing you there, and perhaps afterwards at the JAT Summer Party.
Date: Aug 25, 2012 (Sat)
Time: 17:30 to 21:30
Cost: 4,500 yen (4-hour tabe/nomi-houdai)
Non-members are welcome to attend the party. Please note that the registration deadline for the Summer Party is August 16. Register directly via the JAT website.