The global spread of COVID-19 continues, despite significant international public health measures. Given that many IJET participants and speakers will be exposed to risk from international air travel, the JAT Board and IJET-31 Fukuoka organizing committee will jointly decide by March 31 if IJET must be cancelled. We ask that we are allowed time to make a sound and correct decision on the basis of advisories from relevant Health Departments, and recommendations by other national and international conference organizers. In the event that IJET is cancelled, IJET fees paid will be reimbursed in full.

Tony Atkinson
President, Japan Association of Translators